For the love of all things vintage, clever, designed, and/or delicious, we celebrate objects and rituals in all their glory!

7.24.2011

Worst Day of My Life...

I had to work last Saturday to finish the VERY last item for FAB.
But it was seriously ROUGH....probably the roughest day I ever experienced.

I had to sit outside under the blinding sun...

Then had get my picnic sheet out to sit and hand crochet the Mega-Doily Rug for the day...like some sort of farm peasant! 


And to make matter worse....

...I had to make some honey whiskey with ginger ale & mint to stay cool & hydrated,  and eat these fresh tayberries from the local farmer's market instead of a real meal.

...this work environment is just plain absurd.

I think at some point I even fainted....but no one believed me and just said I looked like I was sun tanning...or got drunk and fell asleep!! They've never had to work in the sun, crocheting a rug while being intoxicated on a Saturday! What do they know!!

ok...maybe I doze off a bit...but not the whole time!


No comments: