For the love of all things vintage, clever, designed, and/or delicious, we celebrate objects and rituals in all their glory!

2.19.2009

F YEAH!


I just have to gloat about the newest edition to my camera collection: A 1960's Nikon F + fun bells and whistles. Back in the day, this camera was the workhorse in many pro photographers' arsenals. Now that I finally picked one up, I know why...this photo-machine is tough as tank, very versatile and takes grrreat photos!

The coolest part about the camera is that the finder is interchangeable. It came with a standard metered finder, but it can be switched out with a waist level viewer like the old TLR Rolleiflexes and Hasselblads. I just got my waist level finder and can't wait to take some shots with it...there's something about the perspective in shooting from waist level that makes things look so much more interesting.

I wanted to share some of my second roll of film (black and white mostly taken in Portland, OR). I'm pretty happy about the way they turned out and can't wait to hit the streets again (packin' the waist level finder this time).

More on L&G Flickr.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to know more about this camera and where a good place to find these are....so interesting!

Ali G said...

Here's a comment with my info!

Dylan said...

I found mine on ebay. Prices are all over the map, but if you shop around you can find a deal. If you already have Nikon lenses, you can buy just the body for pretty cheap. That's what I did and then I picked up the other bits and pieces here and there. Early model numbers are more collectible (more $), but they are all awesome so not worth springing for and early one really.