For the love of all things vintage, clever, designed, and/or delicious, we celebrate objects and rituals in all their glory!

11.19.2008

Feel The Holiday Spirit!

For some reason I've been feeling super holiday-spirity-lately, but maybe it's the jolly feeling that is still resonating since the election. Either way....It got me and Chika excited for the holiday season...and life in general!! So, here it is! Our Chikabird cozy fuzzy wozy holiday items!
Left: Mama bird's nest made by Chika's talented mom, Tsuneko. Top Right: Linen zipper pouches with sulple indigo Vera Wang Linen. Bottom Right: Custom felt/fabric monogrammed slippers. (the one in the photo is for me...heh. J for JEAN!)These are the vintage ornaments that I'm making for L&G. I have it in various series: Monogrammed letters, Safari animals, forest animals, farm animals, birds, and classic ornaments.
Jan from Poppytalk was nice enough to mention us on her lovely blog! oh and this..I really just LOVE the Mama Bird's nests, which made me go camera happy with it. I was expereimenting with these felted eggs....what do you think?? The face is just a piece of paper with pushpins for the eyes. They're gonna live next to our sewing machine now. :)

Is this making you feeling all warm&fuzzy inside?? no?? Hmmm.....Okay. Maybe I'll try something else...like putting all of our things on a puppy or a kitten or a baby...or all the above where the baby is on the puppy and with a kitten on top....That should do the job, right? :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soon, I can lend you Erica when you need a baby (or baby boy Ethan)for modeling. hehe..that'll help you gain inspiration.

Jean said...

oh we need a baby now! just wait till you see the baby slippers!